Introduction to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and OpenShift 4 cluster
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) introduces students to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10.
Course content summary
- Container and OpenShift architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploying multi-container application
Audience for this course
- Developers who want to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are looking to use container technologies in software architectures.
- Site Reliability Engineers who want to support their technology infrastructure using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
Prerequisites for this course
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting. A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.