The performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat® products.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator. If you choose to continue your learning journey beyond RHCSA, the credential can also serve as a foundational step on your path toward our highest level of certification—Red Hat Certified Architect.
This exam is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.2.
Audience for this exam
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) and are on the path to becoming an RHCSA
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DoD 8570 directive)
- IT professionals who are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- An RHCE who is noncurrent or who is about to become noncurrent and wants to recertify as an RHCE
- DevOps professionals who wish to demonstrate their expertise with the fundamentals of container technology
Prerequisites for this exam
- Have either taken Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) or the RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) that combines those courses, or have comparable work experience as a system administrator on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Review the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam (EX200) objectives
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.