The performance-based Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (EX294) tests your knowledge and skill in managing multiple systems using Red Hat® Ansible® Engine and executing common system administration tasks across a number of systems with Ansible. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across many Red Hat products.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Engineer. If you choose to continue your learning journey beyond RHCE®, the credential can also serve as a foundational step on your path toward our highest level of certification—Red Hat Certified Architect.
This exam is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 8 and Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.8.
Audience for this exam
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills or require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DoD 8570 directive)
- Students who have taken Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) and are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Students who are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Systems administrators who want to demonstrate competency in managing multiple systems
- IT professionals who work in a DevOps environment and want to demonstrate competency in automating part of their workload
- Red Hat Certified Engineers who are noncurrent or who are about to become noncurrent and wish to recertify as RHCEs
Prerequisites for this exam
- Have either taken both Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) or RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199), or have comparable work experience as a system administrator on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Have taken Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) or have comparable work experience
- Review the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) objectives
- Review the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (EX294) objectives