The performance-based Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (EX294) tests your knowledge and skill in managing multiple systems using Red Hat® Ansible® Automation Platform and executing common system administration tasks across a number of systems with Ansible. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across many Red Hat products.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Engineer. An RHCE® is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who is ready to use Ansible and scripting to automate Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® tasks, integrate Red Hat emerging technologies, and apply automation for efficiency and innovation. Current RHCSA certification is required to earn RHCE certification. If you choose to continue your learning journey beyond RHCE, the credential can also serve as a foundational step on your path toward our highest level of certification—Red Hat Certified Architect.
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click “Get started” to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.
Audience for this exam
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills or require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DoD 8570 directive)
- Students who have taken Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) and are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Students who are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Systems administrators who want to demonstrate competency in managing multiple systems
- IT professionals who work in a DevOps environment and want to demonstrate competency in automating part of their workload
- Red Hat Certified Engineers who are noncurrent or who are about to become noncurrent and wish to recertify as RHCEs
Prerequisites for this exam
- Earn the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification. This is required in order to earn the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
- Have either taken both Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) or RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199), or have comparable work experience as a system administrator on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Have taken Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294) or have comparable work experience
- Review the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) objectives
- Review the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (EX294) objectives
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.
Cena za osobu
[CZ] Prague, Praha 2 • English (en)