The Red Hat Certified Cloud-native Developer exam (EX378) tests your skills and knowledge with regard to coding the server side of Kubernetes-native Java applications using the Quarkus framework. The exam focuses on the basic skills required to create a complete microservice using a persistent data store.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Cloud-native Developer, which also counts toward earning a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®) certification
This exam is based on Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform 4.5. This exam is based on Red Hat Build of Quarkus v1.7.
Audience for this exam:
These audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Cloud-native Developer:
- Java developers who are implementing microservices using Quarkus and Kubernetes
- Red Hat Certified professionals who wish to pursue Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) certification
Prerequisites for this exam:
- Student must have taken the Red Hat Cloud-native Microservices Development with Quarkus (DO378) course or have comparable hands-on experience.
- Familiarity with using Visual Code/Codiium in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Good experience with JSE, including a knowledge and understanding of the core Java concepts and APIs, is necessary for this exam. For example, Exceptions, Annotations and the Collections API are all required during the exam.
- Some familiarity with Openshift/Kubernetes is beneficial.