Enhance container management capabilities with automation, governance, and security across clusters.
Multicluster Management with Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus teaches the skills required to maintain a diverse portfolio of applications, running across a fleet of OpenShift clusters. Applications follow placement rules determined by capacity and criticality; cluster configurations comply with governance and security policies; all automated according to DevOps principles.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.10 and Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management 2.4.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes (RHACM) in a hub cluster
- Add a managed cluster to RHACM (configure a cluster to be managed by RHACM)
- Define and apply cluster configuration policies
- Detect and correct non-conformance to cluster configuration policies
- Visualize and compare cluster settings between different clusters
- Define and apply application placement policies
- Identify and compare application resources from multiple clusters
- Deploy Red Hat Quay in the hub cluster
- Deploy Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes (RHACS) in the hub cluster
- Integrate Red Hat Quay and RHACS with RHACM.
Audience for this course
- System Administrators, Developers, Site Reliability Engineers, and IT Architects interested in managing and automating the management of a fleet of OpenShift clusters, possibly in different data centers and cloud providers.
Prerequisites for this course
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Completing Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) and Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) are strongly encouraged, or possessing equivalent basic Kubernetes and OpenShift administration skills
- Recommended and optional
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration III: Scaling Kubernetes Deployments in the Enterprise (DO380) is a course teaching cluster-wide configuration, logging, and monitoring, Ansible automation with OpenShift
- Red Hat OpenShift Installation Lab (DO322) teaches you how to install OpenShift using IPI and UPI
- Understand Ansible basics, including, writing and running simple playbooks or equivalent experience
- BYOD and Internet access is required.